Living in a different country, with unique customs and a challenging language can be difficult at times. For newcomers to Japan as well as people who’ve live here for a while, necessary administrative tasks can be difficult, cause anxiety, and a lot of time can be wasted trying to understand how things work. Go-Between is happy to help make living in Fukuoka easy and more enjoyable by providing assistance when working with Japanese government officials and bureaucracy. We can help you handle just about any administrative issue that may arise.
■ Japanese Driving license
Most foreigners living in or visiting Japan are familiar with driving in their home country. Being able to drive in Japan will provide experiences and opportunities that just aren’t possible by walking or taking public transportation, as well as making your life generally much easier. If you wish to drive in Japan, please provide the following information so that we can assist you with the sometimes complicated procedure of obtaining a Japanese driving license:
- The country in which your current driving license was issued. If you are from the United States of America, please indicate which state.
- Where you currently live
- The interpretation and assistance fee ranges from 10,000-20,000JPY.
■ Administrative Services
Some of the many administrative tasks that require Japanese speaking, reading and writing skills include the following:
- Visiting city hall
- Contacting immigration services, banks and/or the police station for an address change
- Applying for a visa or extension
- Opening your bank account
- Getting copies of official documents
- Arranging quarantine when shipping a pet
- Finding/communicating with a veterinarian
- Childcare or kindergarten (hoikuen or yochien) enrollment
- Taking care of numerous other required tasks.
We will provide an assistant to help you through each of these processes. The interpretation and assistance fee for these services is 3,000JPY per hour.